Portal:Astronomy/Did you know/4
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ... that the Lyman-alpha blob 1 is a blob of gas 300,000 light-years across located some 11.5 billion light-years from Earth?
- ... that 51 Ophiuchi has a disk of dust and gas that is likely a planetary system in the late stages of formation?
- ... that the Magellan Planet Search Program has discovered five eccentric Jupiter-mass extra-solar planets since the program started gathering data in December 2002?
- ... that asteroids with two moons, like 1994 CC, comprise only 1% of the near-Earth objects?
- ... that pictures by amateur astrophotographer Steve Mandel help to explore faint nebulae of the Milky Way?