|This infobox, "Template:Starbox begin", is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its edit history page. The data in this infobox may not agree or state what Wikipedia states.|
Epoch J2000 Equinox J2000
|Right ascension||21h 38m 57.61881s|
|Apparent magnitude (V)||5.70|
|Spectral type||O6V((f)) + O9V|
|U−B color index||−0.72|
|B−V color index||+0.22|
|Radial velocity (Rv)||-7.8 km/s|
|Proper motion (μ)|| RA: -1.25 mas/yr |
Dec.: −4.58 mas/yr
|Parallax (π)||1.65 ± 0.63 mas|
|Distance||approx. 2,000 ly |
(approx. 600 pc)
HD 206267A is a hierarchical triple star system in the northern circumpolar constellation of Cepheus. Two of the members form a spectroscopic binary that orbit each other with a period of 3.7 days, while a third member lies further away—it is unclear whether this member is gravitationally bound to the pair. The system is emitting a stellar wind that reaches an exceptional velocity of 3,225 km/s, among the highest measured for stars of this type.
This stellar system lies in the nebula IC 1396. All three components are massive stars, and the intense ultraviolet radiation they give off ionizes the gas of IC 1396, and causes compression denser globules of the nebula, leading to star formation. The stellar wind produced by the stars is strong enough to strip nearby stars of their protoplanetary disks.
- van Leeuwen, F. (2007), "Validation of the new Hipparcos reduction", Astronomy and Astrophysics 474 (2): 653–664, arXiv:0708.1752, Bibcode 2007A&A...474..653V, doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20078357
- Mermilliod, J.-C. (1986), "Compilation of Eggen's UBV data, transformed to UBV (unpublished)", Catalogue of Eggen's UBV data. SIMBAD, Bibcode 1986EgUBV........0M
- Saurin, T. A. et al. (April 2012), "The embedded cluster or association Trumpler 37 in IC 1396: a search for evolutionary constraints", Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 421 (4): 3206–3216, arXiv:1201.2704, Bibcode 2012MNRAS.421.3206S, doi:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2012.20541.x
- Wilson, R. E. (1953), General Catalogue of Stellar Radial Velocities, Carnegie Institute of Washington D.C., Bibcode 1953GCRV..C......0W
- Wojdowski, P. S. et al. (December 2002), "The Hot Star Triplet HD 206267A", High Resolution X-ray Spectroscopy with XMM-Newton and Chandra, Proceedings of the international workshop held at the Mullard Space Science Laboratory of University College London, Holmbury St Mary, Dorking, Surrey, UK, October 24 - 25, 2002, Bibcode 2002hrxs.confE..49W
- Nakano, M. et al. (March 2012), "Wide-field Survey of Emission-line Stars in IC 1396", The Astronomical Journal 143 (3): 14, arXiv:1201.2761, Bibcode 2012AJ....143...61N, doi:10.1088/0004-6256/143/3/61, 61
As a reminder, article comments are only for discussions on how to improve the article. Please direct other comments to a user's talk page. Please be formal and do not use excessive uppercase. Please be advised you may receive an automatic block if you break the article comments policy. For information regarding what is acceptable/not acceptable in article comments, please message Joey (talk), Natalia (talk), ynoss (talk), or Daniel (older account/talk).